Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chelsea walk

On Saturday we went for a short walk around the Meatpacking District/Chelsea, and Dave took some pretty great photos that I can't resist sharing.

I just saw this building on Bored to Death--it was a really cool shot that pulled out of the frame so you could watch the characters through the little portholes. (I feel like I didn't describe that quite right.)

At one point we found ourselves walking through a small craft fair. It was really not particularly auspicious weather for the occasion though, as you can see--a huge gust of wind more or less took out this booth. Hand-sewn bibs and beaded necklaces were blown into the streets. It was madness.

I don't know what it is about these things but every time I see one I cannot stop smiling.

Not pictured: chocolate ice box cake from Billy's Bakery. It was pretty intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment