Monday, April 26, 2010

Orange cups and saucers

A couple of weeks ago we happened upon an antique store in Westport, CT (on the same trip that I bought the herbs and looked at pictures of midcentury houses), where Dave noticed a fantastic set of plates and cups.

The plates have an indentation where you're supposed to put the cup--more of an oversized saucer, I guess, perfect for coffee and cookies. But they'd also make decent mid-sized plates. We really didn't need any more dishes but I couldn't resist them--I love the orange and the triangles. I have more and more been finding myself drawn to orange things. The color is just so bold and striking.

Dave enjoys his morning coffee out of a new mug.

1 comment:

  1. I just bought a set of six today at a thrift store in Cornwall, NY. Do you know where they were made?

    ReplyDelete