Monday, January 3, 2011

DIY striped shirt

One of the best things about my job is that they give you the whole week off between Christmas and New Year's. With the blizzard and general coldness I wasn't really in the mood to go outside so I worked on a whole lot of projects.

I'd been planning on trying this striped shirt project, using painter's tape and fabric paint, but then I realized that I didn't have any tape. I was so set on making something that I turned to the freezer paper, which yielded something even better.

I cut out strips of the paper, purposely leaving ragged edges and uneven lines, and placed them on the shirt, right up to the collar.

After ironing the strips on, I cut out a few triangles and played around a bit with where I wanted to put them before ironing them on as well.

Then I applied several coats of fabric paint using a foam brush. I purposely left the ends a bit rough.

I had such a hard time waiting for it to dry before peeling up the paper. Here's a little more info about making freezer paper stencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment