Monday, January 10, 2011

Handmade ornaments circa 1998

I took down my Christmas tree over the weekend and while packing the decorations back into boxes to be stored away till next year, I came across a handful of ornaments that I'd made when I was about 16. They're pretty awesome.

I'm think my mom had just bought me a miniature fake tree for my bedroom and I must have felt the need to fashion some punk-looking ornaments to make it cool. They're a combination of black and white inkjet print-outs and sharpie marker lettering, glued to pieces of cardboard. You can kind of see the tiny holes poked through for the hooks. I think there used to be a Germs ornament too (a blue circle with a black background, of course), but I don't know what happened to it.

I didn't even realize I still had these. I guess I couldn't bear to part with them after all these years. Maybe if I get a bigger tree next year I'll put them back into rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment