Monday, January 4, 2010

Vintage chalkboard menu

Each time we make a major grocery store run, we compile a list of all the meals we have planned, usually on a little scrap of paper on the refrigerator. When looking at all the empty wall space in our new kitchen, it occurred to me that a chalkboard on which we could write our weekly menus would look pretty nice.

So after a bit of searching I found this 1940s (supposedly) child's chalkboard on Etsy. Doesn't it look so good next to the hanging pots?

It's pretty well-loved (okay, beat to hell), which mostly adds to the charm, although I could do without the X-shaped crack that I'm pretty sure occurred while en route to me. We also need to practice our chalk penmanship. Somehow restaurants always manage to find someone with really cool handwriting to create the list of specials.

The piece of chalk balances on top, which has so far been working (that is, it hasn't fallen off and broken into lots of tiny chalk pieces...yet).

P.S. Yes, I am very excited about cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment