Thursday, September 24, 2009

Brand-new borough

I haven't been posting in awhile, but I've been a little preoccupied. Last night I signed a lease on a new apartment, in the Woodlawn section of the Bronx. I'm pretty excited to 1) no longer have a 2 hour long commute (each way) to work, 2) be closer to the city in general, and 3) have a huge apartment with hardwood floors and no mold. (Sorry to say that the house I'm in now has not fared well in the extremely wet summer.)

Not too long ago I spotted this tote bag for sale, and now that I will be a Bronx resident I sort of want to buy it. Although I would feel a little weird carrying it around in the Bronx--kind of like the guy who wore the shirt of the band he went to see (anyone remember PCU? Don't be that guy!). But I'm loving all of the little symbols, like the giraffe for the Bronx Zoo and the slice of pizza for Arthur Ave. And I have to say, this design is really the best one of all the other cities, and I'm not just saying that.

So, posts might be sporadic until I get more situated, but after that expect a flurry of posts about my new apartment, neighborhood, and borough.

No comments:

Post a Comment