Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cinnamon chip muffins

A few weeks ago I wandered into a grocery store I'd never been in before and discovered that they sold the elusive Hersheys cinnamon chips. So despite the fact that I had no real use for them I decided to buy them, because who knows when I'll have the opportunity to do so again. I found this recipe for cinnamon chip muffins on Cookie Madness (good for more than just cookies, apparently!) and doubled it. Along the way I noticed the lovely way the light was hitting the kitchen counter and couldn't help but photograph the steps.

Ingredients:
1 cup boiling water
2/3 cup rolled oats
4 tablespoons butter, cut up
1-1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup cinnamon chips

In a medium sized mixing bowl, thoroughly mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.

In another mixing bowl combine boiling water, oatmeal, and butter. Let sit for 20 minutes.

With a spoon, beat the eggs and vanilla into the oatmeal mixture.

Stir oatmeal mixture into dry ingredients until mixed.

Stir in cinnamon chips.

Place paper liners into muffin pan (wasteful, maybe, but it beats cleaning the pan--one of these days I'm going to buy some from Bake It Pretty) and spoon the batter into the cups. Bake 18-20 minutes in 400 degree oven.

Let cool slightly and transfer to wire rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment