Monday, February 8, 2010

My birthday (was last week)

Last week was my birthday, and in addition to a beautiful cake, Dave gave me some pretty good gifts.

The long tube-shaped object, ingeniously disguised as a baseball bat to fool me, is actually...

the James Brown poster from YeeHaw Industries that I have been wanting so much! The other two smaller objects turned out to be Werner Herzog's Conquest of the Useless and the movie Fitzcarraldo (a nice little correlating gift set).

I also got a little bit of money from relatives, so now the fun part is to decide how I want to spend it. Excuse me while I list a few things I've had my eye on...

For one, I love these canisters from Huset,

although I'm not sure what in particular I would store in them. But they're just so nice to look at, I'm sure I would find a practical application for them too.
Or I could pick up a book or two

that I've had on my list for awhile.

Or, maybe I should just use it as spending money in May when I go on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment