Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy accidents in book arrangement

A couple weeks ago the weather turned unbearably hot and we decided to put a fan in the living room window to try to make things somewhat comfortable. But the books that were on the cabinet in front of the window seemed to be blocking the cool air, so Dave "temporarily" repositioned them so they were laying with their spines facing up.

Then I realized that they looked even better that way, so I decided to leave them. I like that now you can see the hand shape of the bookends, so that it looks like they are actually carrying the books.

Even more so, I love the colorful array of pages now on display.

Like vintage paper stripes. I wish they did this with books nowadays.

And you can still see the cool looking spines. It's a win-win, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment