Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today is Dave's 30th birthday (old!*).

He received this stack of gifts from me.

In addition to the usual tried and true brown paper and rubber stamps method of gift wrapping I tried out the paper scraps garland that Design Sponge just posted last week, except I cut out squares instead of circles. I think it came out pretty well!

Inside the boxes were this record, a compilation of Swedish punk, mod, and pop (as the title says),

the new issue of Yeti,

this set of postcards from Yellow Owl Workshop (I love how it comes with a little golf pencil!), and a pair of pajamas and gift card to B&H. We're going to Baltimore this weekend for more fun, so I think he made out well! (Even though I did not buy him tickets for tomorrow's Yankees/Red Sox game, which he had apparently been hinting at and I did not pick up on it.)

And of course I had to make a little treat: carrot cake cupcakes. They're much more appetizing than this photo would suggest.

*Just kidding, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment