Friday, July 31, 2009

Typographic quilt=awesome

I just found out that Urban Outfitters has released a line of home decor items inspired by the works of legendary designer Alexander Girard.

I love this reversible alphabet pattern quilt--to the point where I thought about buying it for a little longer than an instant. But in the end, it's a bit too expensive for me.

The typography is great but so is the geometric pattern on the reverse side. I wonder if I could make something like this. Or at least maybe a cover for my current comforter--sort of like a duvet cover but without a duvet. It's something to mull over for the time being.

By the way, is it just me or is Urban Outfitters getting a little out of hand, what with their trying to bottle and sell every facet of the "hipster" lifestyle right down to craft supplies and recreations of vintage tchotchkes. And yet I continue to shop there...

No comments:

Post a Comment