Monday, June 21, 2010

First flea market trip of the season

On Sunday we woke up extra early and headed up to New Milford, CT, to the Elephant's Trunk flea market. The only thing I was really hoping to find was a vintage industrial style fan (particularly one that worked)...and that's exactly what I came home with! This one pictured above was just $25 (a bargain compared to the asking prices I've seen elsewhere for similar items). I love the sculptural shapes and lines, and better yet, it works incredibly well.

Here it is in action. The blades look a bit ghostly. (They're also pretty sharp. I need to be careful not to chop off a finger.)

1 comment:

  1. Those are great! I have one sitting on my desk but it has more of a guard around the blades! It always surprises me that no one at the fan design dept. thought people and especially kids wouldn't lose digits around these fans! None the less, be careful while you keep cool!

    ReplyDelete