Sunday, July 5, 2009

Garden update #2

It feels like I just posted an update on the garden, but as of a few days ago I noticed that nearly all the vegetables have started sprouting.

The first couple of tomatoes! They look bigger every day.


I had been a bit worried about the cucumbers. It was a mistake to plant them in the same pot as the tomatoes because they are always in the shadow of that gargantuan plant. The leaves are withering and they generally don't look too good. But they have been flowering (pretty yellow flowers in fact) and the other day I noticed the tiny beginnings of some actual cucumbers (which are surprisingly prickly).

Both of the sweet pepper plants have started sprouting.

And I'm still a little confused about this one but look how tall it is! It is supposedly cilantro but doesn't look like any cilantro I've ever seen. I'm trying to figure out what exactly it is and if it will ever turn into the herb I so love to put on my tacos. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment