Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Half Japanese embroidery hoop

After making the pillows, I've been really excited about embroidery, and inspired to try more techniques and projects. The possibilities seem endless.

I used the embroidery hoop I got from the estate sale a few weeks ago and stitched the title of a song by one of my favorite bands, Half Japanese. I suppose they make an unlikely pair, but I wanted to try embroidering words, and they've got some pretty great titles and lines in their songs. (I also considered "You cannot graduate from my school of love" but the prospect of stitching a brain was irresistible, and I think I didn't do half bad with executing all the wrinkles.) I used a satin stitch for the heart, and created a wavy border using the chain stitch (I've been trying to practice a variety of types of stitches).


I'll probably hang it on the wall but for now I like it propped up on the letterpress tray. Who knows, maybe I'll leave it there.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote those words and never imagined that I'd ever see them in an embroidery hoop.

    David Fair

    ReplyDelete