Thursday, July 16, 2009

My love for office supplies

The other day I decided I needed to go on a fun lunchtime excursion so I took a walk to Greenwich Letterpress. They had so many great new things in the store. I had to use a lot of restraint not to spend all my money.

But I did buy this vintage German chalk.

I love the box, and the fish chalkboard could use some stylish writing utensils.

Sadly, by the time I got back to work all of the chalk had broken in the box (I peeked inside the box while in the store so I know I didn't buy it that way). But that's okay, they'll still write.

I had actually seen this very similar product on Present and Correct not too long ago and had considered buying it. I like the paper wrappers.

They also have this chalk, in a snazzy green package. To be honest, I pretty much want to buy everything that Present and Correct has to offer. I have a real weakness for office supplies and paper products (which is funny because I tend to have really disorganized workspaces), and theirs are not only practical but gorgeous.

I love this rainbow pencil calendar set. Each month has its own pencil--you can sharpen off the days as you go. Although I don't think I could bring myself to whittle them away to nothing. Maybe I'd need to buy two sets--one to use and one just to admire. (This is why stylish supplies don't work for me--if they look too nice I don't want to use them and dirty them up.)

It might take a little getting used to, but I think I could actually put something like this to good use. Each little well is perfect for the supplies that are usually scattered across my desk--pens, post-it notes, binder clips, and so on.

In addition to Present and Correct, there are a number of etsy stores that specialize in cool and interesting vintage supplies--for instance, 26 Olive Street. Their photographs are especially nice, with artful arrangements, and the beautiful Polaroid-esque colors. I can't imagine that they're really Polaroids (what with the current rarity of instant film), so I assume that they've been stylized, perhaps with an image maker like Poladroid.


I love this perpetual calendar/pencil cup (and those binders aren't too shabby either).

Coolest hole punch ever.

Getting back to the subject of Greenwich Letterpress, they were selling the newest rubber stamp set from Yellow Owl, and I think this might be my favorite out of all of them (though I do like all of them). I have asked for one for Christmas the past two years, and no one has ever bought one for me. Maybe I'll just have to splurge and go back next week for one. Think of all the pretty city scenes I could be making.

No comments:

Post a Comment