Monday, July 13, 2009

Reupholstered chair

Yesterday I finally got around to reupholstering the chair that I bought at a flea market a few weeks ago. I bought the new foam last weekend but had been trying to figure out what kind of fabric to use.

I really wanted to use this Eames fabric but at $104 a yard it was way too pricy for me. I debated over buying solid gray fabric and stenciling the dots on, but I couldn't find one that I liked (wanting to avoid the kind of gray fabric that you associate with the waiting room at the dentist's office).

In the end I went with this fabric that I found in the basement at P&S Fabric on Broadway. I like the hand-drawn quality of the lines.

Then I broke out the staple gun and voila--a new cushion (haven't actually screwed it into the chair yet but you wouldn't have even known if I hadn't mentioned it).

It's a little cramped in the living room right now but I am thinking of getting rid of the old Ikea couch and just having this chair and the movie theater seats for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment