Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Homemade lemonade

One of my favorite things to make during the summer (and sometimes other seasons, but especially the summer), is lemonade. It's really simple and easy to do. Over the past couple years I've perfected my recipe (or so I think), which is as follows:

-Boil one cup water with 2/3 cup sugar (you could do 1 cup sugar if you like your lemonade really sweet, but for me 2/3 cup is plenty) until the sugar dissolves.
-Meanwhile, juice 4 lemons and 2 limes (I like a hint of lime in my lemonade). You may need to pour the juice through a sieve a couple of times if you don't like a lot of pulp.
-In a pitcher, mix the sugar water, lemon/lime juice, and 5 cups of cold water. Chill and serve.

So refreshing with a veggie burger and corn on the cob.

No comments:

Post a Comment