Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Recent acquisitions

For Dave's birthday I decided to go all out and bought this bright orange bullet planter. It's a reproduction (from Hip Haven), but that doesn't detract at all from its awesomeness. A couple weeks ago we finally got around to buying a plant for it. Apparently it's commonly known as "mother in law's tongue" and seems to be virtually un-killable. (We shall see.) I only wish I had a patio or front porch to keep it on. One day!

Last week I saw a couple of red Kartell Componibili round towers for sale in the Apartment Therapy classifieds and made a rather impulsive purchase. One of them is going to make a nice nightstand (it looks a lot better than the step ladder we had been using). I like how the compartments slide open.

I also bought another plant this past weekend. I didn't really need one, but this guy looked too awesome to pass up. I think I might try to paint the pot--not totally sure what I want to do with it but it needs a little sprucing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment