Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pickin raspberries

Last year I picked my own raspberries for the first time at Secor Farms in north Jersey, and it was for the most part a good experience. We'd been meaning to go back again this year, and before we knew it, the summer was nearly over. Luckily, it's still not too late!

The lateness of our trip actually made it better. The weather wasn't as hot, and by now they've waived the "two pint per person minimum" rule.

Despite being towards the end of the season, we had no trouble filling up a couple of pints.

On a side note, it seems as though they were getting ready for the fall at Secor Farms--one of the greenhouses was full of these guys. They were all laid out on tables, making the building kind of resemble some kind of a morgue for scarecrows.

Getting back to the raspberries...yes.

The same night I made a batch of jam. I haven't tried it yet, as I want to finish the jar I currently have open (it's kind of torture, having to wait). And tonight I think a raspberry crisp is in my future. And maybe tomorrow, raspberries in my yogurt...

No comments:

Post a Comment