Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Knitting progress

Right now I'm about halfway through a knitted purse I've been working on.


I wanted to make something with a pattern that looked like scribbles, so I found an image online and uploaded it to Knitpro, a site that allows you to turn a jpeg into a knitting pattern. It's been a pretty slow and tedious process that involves a lot of counting, but it's coming out pretty well and I'm happy to report that there hasn't been that much cursing and restarting. I was initially planning on felting it but I like the look of the individual stitches so I think I'll just make a fabric lining when it's all done.

For the handles I'm thinking of getting these great handmade wooden ones from Little Odd Forest.

I'm quite looking forward to this project being done because the handles on the purse I've been using on a daily basis are held together by black electrical tape. I had hoped it wouldn't be noticeable but I think it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment