Monday, April 27, 2009

Desk organization: cork-covered cup

My desk at work is always a cluttered mess, so I've decided that I need to come up with a few new organization methods. And they might as well look cool too.

The first idea is this cork-covered cup for pencils, scissors, etc. I already have a pencil cup, but this one also serves as a place for notes, phone numbers, and reminders to myself. I'm a pretty obsessive list and note taker and my desk is always cluttered with them. It remains to be seen whether this will be the solution, but it's worth a try.

And anyway, it was really simple to do. I just rinsed out an empty aluminum can, making sure any jagged points were smoothed down with a hammer, cut down a piece of cork (I had some leftover from the map project) the size of the can, and attached it with two pieces of double-sided tape (one for each edge). And that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment