Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cupcake madness

For awhile I was making lots of cookies, but I seem to have now moved onto cupcakes. After seeing this recipe for carrot cupcakes with maple cream cheese frosting on Design Sponge, I decided I needed to try it.

I'm not all that skilled with the icing, but I think they don't look half bad. More importantly, they were delicious. I brought most of them to my friend's house for her birthday, hence the white box they are inside, which I tied with red and white baker's twine to look festive.

So, I of course had the dilemma of needing to use up more eggs, so I combed the blogs for another recipe that caught my eye, and saw this one for black and white cupcakes (modeled after the famous black and white cookie).

These were even trickier to ice, what with the two different kinds of icing covering one half of the tops. It was made all that much harder by the fact that the white icing was really runny, even after sitting for awhile to thicken (or so the recipe says). I don't know if I missed something in the translation or if the icing is naturally that runny, but it was dripping down the sides like crazy, which made for some messy-looking cupcakes. No matter, though, they are quite tasty.

Still one egg left--maybe back to cookies, which happily do not require icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment