Monday, June 8, 2009

My Renegade Fair haul

This weekend was the Brooklyn Renegade Craft Fair, the second one I've gone to. Last year it was in the McCarren Park Pool, but now that it's undergoing construction to actually become a pool again, the fair was held inside the actual park--which I think might have been a little nicer (not that I necessarily minded the pool). It was also an interesting experience to be shopping alongside people running around the track and stretching and performing various other exercises.

There was an overwhelming amount of cool stuff contained within a not-so-large space, so I found myself having to suppress the urge to spend all my money up front, passing up some really cool but perhaps not quite so functional items from Something's Hiding in Here (paint by number USA!) and Miniature Rhino (in hindsight, I really wish I'd bought the constellation embroidery). Even so, I spent a little more $$$ than I'd planned. Oh well, it only comes but once a year.


Onto what I did buy: this scissors necklace from Ach Ach Liebling. It not only opens and closes, but actually cuts paper!

In addition to the cool jewelry, the packaging was great too (I'm a sucker for the stamped brown paper bag--so simple yet so appealing).

Leaf necklace from Loyalty and Blood.


I've lately been into ships, so I picked up this letterpress card from Enormous Champion.


I guess I've also been into ampersands. Here's a pretty cool T-shirt from Lil Hop. I also really like the subtle gray stripes on the shirt itself.

And speaking of cool T-shirts, I bought one from Super Maggie for the second year in a row. Again, I not only love the design, but the actual shirt it is printed on.

A closeup of the design.

Dave picked up a little something for himself too: this silkscreened poster of the 1985 New York Yankees lineup (which was the lineup that was playing when he first got into baseball...ah, nostalgia) from Magick Outlaw*.

*Note: this seller is from Philly, so clearly the Yankees and Mets prints must have been made specifically for us New Yorkers (or so I'd think). Astute marketing skills, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment