Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fun with chalkboard paint

A few months ago I posted a picture of this cute little blackboard that MoMA was selling on their site, but by the time I finally decided to buy it, I found that it was no longer available. Which made me pretty sad--until I remembered about chalkboard paint.

I took a trip to Michael's, where I found this cute little wooden fish for $1 (no cats, unfortunately, but I do like goldfish so that's okay). I sprayed it with several coats of the chalkboard paint, cured it (which just means to rub chalk all over it and then erase it), and affixed some magnets to the back, and now I have my very own fish chalkboard on the fridge. Perfect for reminders, to-do lists, or just a random message. Now I think I should buy some snazzy chalk to go along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment