Monday, June 1, 2009

My first foray into gardening

While we were out of town Dave's mom bought us some plants at a Master Gardener's Fair (or something along those lines), and we finally got around to planting them this weekend.

It's not the prettiest garden but it's my first so I guess I shouldn't go nuts trying to make it aesthetically perfect, but rather concentrate on making everything actually grow. We have two tomato plants, two cucumbers, eggplant, cilantro, basil, sweet peppers, chile peppers, and a flower of some kind. Maybe we should have started with fewer plants for our first outing, but there you have it.

The nice thing about the containers is that we can move them if it seems like the spot we chose isn't getting enough sun--although that plant on the ground is growing pretty nicely so maybe we won't need to move them. Either way it's an experiment, but I hope to have a delicious home-grown salad in a couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment